- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cans diced italian tomatoes
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any color (I used green, yellow and red), diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 carton fresh sliced baby portabello mushrooms
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground beef or bulk italian sausage
1. Slice spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
2. Place squash on cookie sheet facing up and coat with olive oil, 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove squash from shell.
4. While squash is baking, mix tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, and remaining spices.
5. Bring tomato mixture to boil then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Then add tomato paste and simmer until squash is done.
6. In a 13x9 casserole dish layer half of spaghetti squash, grated parmesan cheese, tomato sauce with vegetables, the other half of spaghetti squash and top with mozzarella.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until the mozzarella is bubbling.
(If you want to add meat, brown and crumble 1 lb of bulk italian sausage or ground beef with garlic powder, italian seasoning, pepper and salt. Add this as a layer in your lasagna.)