So I made tea sandwiches the other day for a shower and I had a bunch of leftover crusts from my bread. I decided to try my hand at bread pudding. Sooooooo flippin' good!
- A bunch of bread crusts.
(If you don't have bread crusts, then just use cut up bread). Enough to fill up an 8x8 baking dish with no gaps.
- 1/2 cup craisins (I used the cherry juice infused)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 and 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Fill up your baking dish with your bread.
2. Mix craisins into your bread.
3. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, run extract and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
4. Pour egg mixture over the bread, and push down the bread to make sure all the bread is soaked in the egg mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when you lightly push it.
6. While pudding cools, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large saucepan. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and stir 3 minutes more. Spoon over warm bread pudding.