Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chicken and Roasted Veggies!

I am always looking for something easy and relatively quick to make after work. I made this tonight after work and didn't take too long. It is also possible to get this ready the night before and just stick in the oven when you get home!


 INGREDIENTS
  • 1 lb (4) chicken thighs (I removed the skin and trimmed fat)
  • 1 bunch of asparagus (remove ends and cut in half)
  • 2 bell peppers- your favorite color
  • 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
  • 2 red onions, chopped in large chunks
  • 10 oz whole mushrooms, cut in half
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp sugar ( I used a half packet of Truvia)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (I just make close cuts with kitchen sheers)
  • 2 cloves garlic, mashed (I used the refrigerated garlic)
  • 1 tbsp oregano 
  • 1 tbsp thyme

Preheat oven to 425°.
Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix very well.
Arrange chicken in a pan and the vegetables in a 2nd pan spread out as well as possible.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.

I loved, loved, loved the veggies and there were tons. That was great since I am trying to eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...