Sunday, October 7, 2012

Everything But the Kitchen Sink Meatloaf

So, you know what I hate? When a recipe calls for just a bit of something. I have heard that you can get tomato paste in a tube, but I am sure it costs more than my $.39 can of it, but how long does paste last? Even in a container? So, I defrosted some ground beef and decided to use a Kraft product that I got for a steal to make meatloaf. Of course, I am not happy with just dumping it in like the back of the container, so I rooted through my fridge and found a few leftovers from other meals and recipes that I dumped in to my meatloaf. My husband had 2 helpings. That's like saying it was from a 5 star restaurant. Especially because he already had one big meal today.
I expect you to root through your fridge and find things to dump in your meatloaf, but if you need some inspiration, here is what I found.

2 lbs Ground Chuck    
2 Large Eggs    
1 package Kraft - Fresh Take- Savory Four Cheese
3/4 can Peeled Diced Tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup chopped Yellow Onion
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce   
2 Tablespoons Spice Supreme - Garlic & Pepper Seasoning

The directions for this are real easy:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Dump all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. (Don't be squeamish, you gotta get your hands in there. Yuck, I know!)
3. Pack into loaf pan evenly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Take out and pour off some of the grease. (If you are dumping it in the sink, run the water!)
6. Bake an additional 30 minutes.
7. Pour off grease once more and serve!


We put ketchup on it, but we love ketchup.

Bet you can't guess what kind of sandwich my husband is taking to work for lunch tomorrow! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...